Layer a Cocktail
This is a method used for the type of drinks called "Rainbow", it is an attractive way to present two or more drinks of different colors, flavors and densities:
Next you will find some recommendations to create cocktails by using the "layer a cocktail" method.
* Refer to the density chart for approximate weight of liqueurs or follow recipe instructions.
* Pour into the required glass the heaviest liquid first.
* Place a bar spoon (or teaspoon) upside down into the glass against the edge.
* Slowly pour the next heaviest liqueur over the back of the spoon.
* Continue with each liqueur, ending with the lightest.
* If a liqueur does not float, discard or drink this attempt!
* Admire and serve your drink.
Sometimes, the glass is too narrow to place a spoon in; in that case you may use a maraschino cherry that will do its work.
The secret to obtain a perfect rainbow drink for after meals is:
Pour liquors very slowly!!!